Visitors can be "good medicine" for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is the primary concern at Wellington Regional Medical Center, and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each unit. The visiting hours for general, medical and surgical units are from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and may be different for other units.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- No more than two visitors are allowed in the room at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and to maintain a quiet environment, visitors should avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visiting before 11 a.m. or after 9 p.m. may be arranged in special circumstances. Please speak with the nurse.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food, drink or flowers to patients. Patients may be on restriced diets and flowers are not permitted in certain units.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the parking lot and parking garage located behind the hospital, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Free valet parking is available at the Outpatient and Emergency Department entrances.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the main floor in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care units, the emergency department and surgery. During certain hours, a volunteer is on duty in the surgery waiting room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.
The shop carries many gift items including jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, balloons, flowers, stuffed toys and snacks. Please call 561-798-8500 for hours of operation.
There is a meditation/consultation room on the first floor for your privacy.