Overview of the Unit
This is a 24-bed unit.
Job Types in the Department
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Clinical manager
- Charge nurse
- Certified nursing assistants
- Monitor tech
- Unit secretary
- Currently licensed in Florida as an RN
- Current BLS and ACLS
- CCRN preferred
- Minimum of recent two years of continuous experience in an ICU, or must have participated in a hospital preceptor program
- Must pass critical care test with a minimum score of 80 percent
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas
What You Can Expect When Working on this Unit
Patients on this unit may have complex health care needs but are not seriously ill enough to be placed in an intensive care unit. You will deal with a variety of issues, including but not limited to cardiac patients, neurology patients and surgical patients. Teamwork on this unit is a must. You can expect to work with professionals who are innovative, compassionate and have strong and effective communication skills. The staff is an advocate for patients and must have critical thinking skills.
Educational Opportunities Specific to Career Growth
Wellington Regional Medical Center provides educational opportunities onsite and encourages staff to seek and pursue additional skills and education. Assistance for educational expense may be available.