Visitors can be "good medicine" for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is the primary concern at Wellington Regional Medical Center, and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each unit.
- General visiting hours are 8 am – 9 pm
- Visitors are permitted for patients in the Women’s Services Department or NICU 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Any exceptions to the visiting hours must be made through the Nursing Supervisor, Department Director, Department Manager or Administrator on Call.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times while in the hospital.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- A patient is permitted to have two (2) visitors at any given time. Visitors can be switched out throughout the day. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and to maintain a quiet environment, visitors should avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food, drink or flowers to patients. Patients may be on restricted diets and flowers are not permitted in certain units.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the parking lot and parking garage located behind the hospital, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Free valet parking is available at the Outpatient and Emergency Department entrances.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the main floor in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care units, the emergency room and surgery. During certain hours, a volunteer is on duty in the surgery waiting room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.
The shop carries many gift items including jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, balloons, flowers, stuffed toys and snacks. Please call 561-753-2657 for hours of operation.