Medical Records Requests

Wellington Regional Medical Center (WRMC) retains records of the medical care you receive here in the Health Information Management Department. These records are kept in strict confidence and are not released without the written consent of the patient, except as required by law.

WRMC satisfies requests for medical records for all inpatient, outpatient and clinical services affiliated with WRMC. The Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you in obtaining your completed medical records upon receipt of a valid authorization. You can request records online or print a form and return it via mail, fax or email.

Online Requests

For the quickest response time, submit your medical record request through our online medical correspondence system.

Paper Requests

Please download, print and fully complete the form, sign and return it to the hospital via mail, email or fax. Electronic signatures will not be accepted. Service fees for copies may apply.

Download the Authorization Form (English) →

Download the Authorization Form (Spanish) →

Download the Authorization Form (Creole) →

Wellington Regional Medical Center
10101 W. Forest Hill Blvd.
Wellington, FL 33414

Fax: 561-798-8578

WRMC HIM Department, first floor
Monday – Friday | 8:30 to 5 pm

Questions? Call 561-798-8680.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a copy of my medical records?

Submit a request online or complete an authorization form and return it to the Health Information Management Department in person, by email, fax or by mail. Please bring with you or submit a copy of your picture identification with your request. Examples include a driver’s license, student identification card and passport.

Can my medical information be read to me over the telephone?

No. Medical information is confidential and cannot be released over the telephone.

Who can legally sign for medical records?

Patients and/or an individual who is named as a decision maker or attorney-in-fact under a healthcare power of attorney signed by the patient. A copy of the Durable Healthcare Power Of Attorney or executor for estate of healthcare must be provided at the time of requesting records.

If the patient is deceased, the record must be requested by the court-appointed personal representative, who must present a raised seal original certificate of appointment issued by the Probate Court identifying the requester as the executor or executrix of the patient’s estate.

If the patient is under the age of 18, the patient’s parent or guardian may sign.

Is the Medical Records Department able to discuss billing information with me?

No, you can contact the Central Business Office at 561-798-8678.