Regain Your Health
Many people who have turned to weight-loss surgery had earlier become frustrated with their lack of success with other diets and health fads. Weight-loss surgery is about reducing your weight and gaining good health. A healthier weight from surgery can help improve or resolve many obesity-related conditions such as Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, joint pain, heart disease and more. Many individuals who lose weight find themselves taking less medication to treat their obesity-related conditions.
At Wellington Regional Medical Center, we want to be your healthcare partner on this journey. We realize that one solution may not be perfect for every individual and we offer several options to best suit your individual needs.
Attend a Weight-loss Seminar
For more information about bariatric surgery, attend one of our free weight-loss surgery seminars or call 561-798-8587.
Candidates for Weight-loss Surgery
Weight-loss surgery may be right for you if:
- You are between 18 and 65 years of age
- You have a BMI greater than 40, or are more than 100 pounds overweight
- You have a BMI greater than 35 and have at least two obesity-related co-morbidities such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea and other respiratory disorders, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, osteoarthritis, lipid abnormalities, gastrointestinal disorders or heart disease
- You are at least 100 pounds overweight, depending on other health conditions
- You have tried other weight-loss methods without success
- You are medically stable and physically able to withstand surgery
- You pass a psychological screening test that helps ensure you are able to comply with post-surgical behavior modifications
You complete all required pre-operative testing
Contact Us About Weight-loss Surgery
Attend one of our free monthly weight-loss surgery seminars or call 561-798-8587 to learn more about bariatric surgery.
Individual results may vary. There are risks associated with any surgical procedure. Talk with your doctor about these risks to find out if bariatric surgery is right for you.