How to Apply
All applicants are required to apply using the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application process. Applications submitted via mail, email or fax will not be processed.
We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Please register with NRMP if you wish to be matched with our program. We will not accept any applicants outside the NRMP Match.
Our ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program offers eight internship positions each academic year for a categorical three-year training track.
Information Needed to Apply
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation (Note: One Letter of Recommendation should be submitted from an internal medicine physician)
- Personal statement
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) and/or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX) transcripts, as applicable
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, an English translation of the document must be provided
- ECFMG certificate if IMG
- WRMC does not sponsor H1-B visas; however, the program does sponsor J-1 visas. Matched applicants are responsible for all J-1 fees.
NRMP Program Information
Internal Medicine Residency Program
Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as their ability, aptitude, academic credentials and communication skills, and personal characteristics such as motivation, integrity and overall alignment with the mission of the program, which is to provide exemplary medical care and treat all patients with uncompromising dedication and skill.
Our program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
Applicants who successfully match with our program must provide the following documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Copy of graduation certificate
- Official medical school transcript with degree issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Copy of permanent resident card, if applicable
- Copy of current ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
- Copy of Current J-1, visa, if applicable
- Copies of current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (i.e. marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, an English translation of the document(s) must be provided
In addition, applicants must successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements prior to the appointment date. Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all UHS pre-employment requirements by the date of hire (or required due date) will result in automatic withdrawal from the program.